Leave some comments or find me on Instagram !

Sunday 23 November 2014

HIKING FUN (Route:from Yuen Long to Sham Tseng)

Being occupied with work or studies is a typical phenomenon in Hong Kong. This resulted in the lack of leisure. Yet, I think people should relax themselves from time to time in order not to be too tense and stressed. Activities like hiking or jogging should be promoted. These are some good ways to improve our health and reduce stress, bring both physical and mental benefits.

Last Sunday I went hiking with my parents. It took 5 hours to walk from Yuen Long to Sham Tseng. Its level of difficulty is not high because it only consists of plat land and stairs. It makes hikers feel exhausted.

There are many pools for dogs.
Ferns


Podocarpus macrophyllus

Tai Lam Chung Reservoir is in the middle of our way. It has been a great source of freshwater since 1937, the year it was completed. It is scenic and leafy which looks a bit like Amazon! 


A license is needed for fishing!



Hong Kong Orchid Tree, the hybrid of Bauhinia purpurea and Bauhinia variegatais the floral emblem of Hong Kong. Its images are cast on Hong Kong coins.

Bauhinia x blakeana 


Tsing Fai Tong is our halfway destination
There are many newfangled plant species alongside. Some of them do look weird. lol





Ganoderma
Pine

There is a little eatery, which only serves noodle with luncheon meat and egg, inside Tsing Fai Tong Village. You can also buy cold soft drinks there and cool yourself down after walking for a couple of hours. There are oxen eating grass quietly and a large lotus pool. It is such a relaxing place.






When I was taking photos of lotuses, my mom called my name loudly. Because Mr. Chow Yun Fat, the international movie star, was here! I was shocked and excited to see him! It was such an honour to take a selfie with Fat Gor! He was so nice.





A wondrous waterfall!


It was almost the end of the journey when we saw the sea and bridges. It had been five hours since we last saw the modern architecture because we were completely surrounded by lush vegetation throughout the walk!

My legs were so fatigued after walking constantly for so long. But I still felt happy! It was not only because of Fat Gor, but also my refreshed spirit after a healthy walk. With fresh air as a bonus, hiking is so much fun. I highly recommend hiking as a relaxing activity at your leisure!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Find me on instagram:@tiffanypoontw

No comments:

Post a Comment